Wildfire Update-Wednesday

We just learned that we were increased to a Level 2 evacuation this evening, so we know the decision to start moving early was a good one.

Staff spent the day getting large and small animals ready for transport to foster homes and partner agencies. What a busy day–sort of organized pandemonium–but over half of our animals made it safely to their homes-away-from-home. We have an amazing staff, amazing interns, and best of all, amazing supporters and volunteers.

Thanks a million to our wonderful community. For those who have tried to call the farm or email us, please be patient. We have one incoming phone line, and it was tied up most of the day taking care of foster business. If you want to offer your services as a foster home, please take the first step of filling out our short online questionnaire. We are using that to evaluate the many potential fosters out there.

Thanks to SO Humane and Equamore for graciously taking in our dogs and horses, respectively. Thanks to KTVL Channel 10 and KOBI Channel 5 for getting our story out.

1 Comment

  1. This message was left for me concerning your evacuation.
    they should contact Lowell Buckle on New Hope Road. He’s a swine expert.

Leave a Comment

Verified by MonsterInsights